Chemical Skin Peel Treatment
Chemical skin peel treatment is a procedure in which a chemical solution is applied to the skin to remove the top layers. This peel treatment causes the skin to ‘blister’ and eventually peel off. After skin peeling, the skin that grows back is smoother and more youthful. Different chemicals determine the depth of the peel and the type of skin condition that is being treated during your skin peel treatment in Mississauga.
Why to Get a Skin Peel Treatment?
- Have a history of abnormal skin scarring
- Have a naturally dark complexion or skin tone
- Tendency to have extra pigmentation of your scars
- Have Skin conditions or medications that make the skin more sensitive than normal.
Types of Chemical Peels
The four common types of chemical peels are:
- Alpha Hydroxy acid (glycolic acid) peels
- Beta Hydroxy acid (salicyclic acid peel) peels
- Trichloroacetic Acid Peels (TCA)
- Phenol peels.
Types of chemical peels available for your skin peel treatment in Mississauga broadly fall under three categories:
Light chemical peel – This is a light or superficial peel treatment which removes the outer layer of the skin or the epidermis. It treats fine wrinkles, acne, uneven skin tone and dryness. A light chemical peel for acne scars and other skin issues can be had every two to five weeks.
Medium chemical peel – This peel removes skin cells not only from the epidermis but also from the upper part of the middle layer of skin which is called the dermis. This makes it a suitable chemical peel for acne. A medium chemical peel for acne such as salicyclic acid peel which treats acne scars, wrinkles, and uneven skin tone. The procedure might need to be repeated to achieve the desired results.
Deep chemical peel – This type of peel removes skin cells at an even deeper level. It is recommended to treat deeper wrinkles, scars or precancerous growths. This peel does not require multiple procedures.
Benefits of Chemical Peel Treatment
As you will discover during your skin peel treatment in Mississauga, the procedure results in the reduction of…
- Fine lines under the eyes or around the mouth
- Wrinkling caused by sun damage, aging and hereditary factors
- Certain types of acne and acne scars
- Mild scarring
- Sun spots, age spots, liver spots, freckles, uneven skin colouring
- Rough skin, dull complexion and scaly patches
- Dark patches (melasma) due to pregnancy or consuming birth control pills.
Procedure of Skin Peel Treatment
Before the skin peel treatment in Mississauga, the skincare professional will first clean your skin thoroughly. One or more chemical solutions will be applied to small areas of the skin. This creates a controlled wound, allowing new skin to take its place. During a chemical skin peel, burning sensation is commonly felt for five to ten minutes. It is followed by a stinging sensation. Cool compresses may be applied on the skin to ease the stinging. A deeper peel may require pain medication.
How Long Skin Peel Treatment Takes?
Depending on the type of skin peel treatment, the procedure of your skin peel treatment in Mississauga can last anywhere from 30 minutes to 90 minutes.
How Many Sessions Are Required for Skin Peel Treatment?
Depending on the condition being treated and the type of chemical peel, multiple sessions of skin peeling treatment might be needed at an interval of 6-8 weeks to achieve the desired result.
Chemical Peel Treatment – Post Care Tips to Follow
Here are a few dos and don’ts after your chemical peel Mississauga…
- Avoid touching or tugging off the dead skin from your face.
- Keep your hair pulled away from your face to avoid skin breakouts.
- Wash your face with cool water, not warm or hot water.
- Drink more water to ensure hydration.
- Gently apply a small amount of simple moisturiser. Avoid heavy products.
- Avoid direct sun exposure. Before exposure to the sun, apply an SPF30 or higher broad-spectrum sunscreen.
- Do not use facial scrubs, etc. until after the skin stops shedding (generally a week after the treatment). Over-exfoliating can lead to more redness or sensitivity.
- Avoid strenuous workouts, dry saunas and steam rooms.
- Put in place a home care regimen to care for your post-chemical peel skin.
Professional Advice for a Successful Skin Peel Treatment
After-care regimen for your chemical peel Mississauga may differ slightly based on the type of chemical peel treatment you receive. Each person’s skin also responds differently. Skin peeling alone does not indicate success; transformation in tone and texture is important. It’s important to consult an expert before your skin peel treatment in Mississauga. This would help confirm if a chemical skin peel would be the right treatment for you.
Our Special Skin Peel/Chemical Peel Treatment Services & Cost
The experienced experts at Salon Dolce Vita conduct a range of skin peel and chemical peel treatments suited for your skin conditions. The chemical peel cost varies depending on factors like the texture of the skin, the type of chemical peel, and the desired results. The chemical peel cost would also depend on the number of sittings recommended by the skin expert.
For your skin peel treatment in Mississauga and to find out more about chemical peel price, contact:
Salon Dolce Vita –
1 Hurontario Street,
Mississauga, L5G 0A3 Canada.
Visit for the Best Skin Peel Treatment in Mississauga
If you have a history of abnormal skin scarring, have a naturally dark complexion or skin tone, have a tendency to have extra pigmentation of your scars, or have skin conditions or medications that make the skin more sensitive than normal, the best skin peel treatment in Mississauga awaits you at Salon Dolce Vita, at an attractive chemical peel price. If you are looking for a skin peeling treatment, including a solution to acne scars, do discuss effective chemical peel for acne scars with our experienced professionals. They would be happy to offer a free consultation and share a quote!
Apart from skin peel treatment, Salon Dolce Vita brings to you even more services, all done by experienced professionals. Our services constitute facials, waxing, photo facials, laser hair removal and more.